I was noticing some of the spring flowers are starting to push up through the earth just a little early this year. It just reminded me of how nature is constantly evolving and renewing and well…we need to do the same.
Did I just go too woo-woo on you?
Don’t worry. You don’t have to be into spring tulips to re-NEW you.
1) Go back to school. It doesn’t matter how old you are or what you want to study. I’ve been working on my Masters since 2009. Almost done! I always love taking the next class and thinking/writing in a more academic way.
2) Clean your closet and buy something fresh and new OR get a new haircut. Something that’s a little different for you. I just realized I have things in my closet that I’ve owned for a decade. Ahhhh. Time to let go. A few new pieces or a sassy new cut can definitely perk you up.
3) Change your workout routine. Bored, bored, bored with the treadmill? Find a group workout. Find a workout buddy and something different to try. Check out Classpass.com
4) Indulge in a new hobby, a class, a meetup. Gardening, cooking, writing, painting, dance class. Get out of your normal “wheelhouse”. Try something you may not be good at and enjoy playing; not being perfect.
5) Volunteer for a cause; a passion. Stop wishing things would change. Stop talking. Get off the sidelines and throw yourself into something you really care about.
See? That wasn’t so hard.
You don’t have to wait until the flowers are in full bloom.
Google, click, sign up. Just NEW it, as one of my friends says. Start pushing something fresh and new up to the surface of your ever-evolving life.