Even though it may not feel like it in some parts of the country…seriously, enough of the snow already…
Spring has sprung!
We had a lovely combo Easter/Passover gathering in our family this past weekend complete with an egg hunt and chocolate covered matzah. (Thanks Ashley for hosting and Clara for entertaining us with the child delight of searching for treasures in the grass.)
What I love about these spring holidays is how they celebrate rebirth, renewal, and freedom from slavery; freedom to make choices and re-energize our life.
It’s a reminder that we can always start again. We can evolve. We can create new moments and make new decisions. We can change our lives if we want.
But as much as we might want to start a new exercise plan, go back to school, find a new more fulfilling job or create more fun and excitement in our lives, it’s easier to stay comfortable, fall into habits. In this chaotic world, we actually crave order and routine.
I know because I am fighting the sluggish habits I’ve created over this long winter…
You know, hibernating inside, watching marathons of tv, eating heavier dinners, not adventuring out as much as I know I should to get my brain lighting up and just plain old seeking comfort.
And so I’m making my spring list…
My “Do the New” Spring List.
- I’m excited to host my first Change your Life: Change Your Career workshop this week.
- The % $#*^ thesis that I need to finally finish my master’s degree is going to get started this summer.
- I have on my list to take hula hoop lessons to learn some new tricks. (No, seriously!!!) I must have new hula hoop tricks.
- This week, my new Dare Cards are going to be sent to the printer…stay tuned for that!
- And I can’t wait to decorate our Klein Career Center at Temple University. I want it to be an amazing, inspiring, welcoming space for students to dare themselves to create their best lives and careers.
Okay, now it’s your turn.
What’s on your “Do the New” list for spring? I would love to hear what it is!
How will you shake off winter, stop hibernating and start moving and creating?
It’s our choice, right? It is! We can go down the road of comfort and routine OR we can seize our day, own our actions, enjoy and engage with our family, friends, and people who will come into our lives and create more new moments and more of the life we want.