They must often change, who would be constant in happiness or wisdom. ~Confucius
I want to start the day by saying first: ONE WEEK DOWN, 51 WEEKS TO GO!
And now here are the top ten reasons I’m ready to push forward in this crazy venture.
1. It’s fun waking up every morning and thinking about my new challenge.
2. It’s positive. It feels fresh. It seems like forward movement.
3. I enjoy writing in this different format every day.
4. I am talking to friends, family, co-workers, readers and viewers about their interests, their
5. I’m Tweeting and Posting on Facebook. (My interns,present and past, are so proud.)
6. Some have told me I’m inspiring them to find their own Firsts which is fantastic!
7. It feels a little nuts and different, which makes me think I’m on the right path.
8. I’ve been invited to do some fascinating Firsts this year which I’m sure will be memorable.
9. I have no idea how I’m going to make it for a year. So what.
10. And Finally…I’m learning every day and getting comfortable with “new” and “change”.
Some of you have been asking questions about this blog, I’d now like to address.
Is this blog a work assignment for NBC 10?
No. I came up with this crazy idea on my own. Blogging and most of my Firsts will be done in my own free time, (though some experiences will be part of my work day). Fortunately, I have the blessing of the station to do this and NBCPhiladelphia.com is posting my blogs as well. Occassionly, I may go on NBC10 News to talk about some of my First Experiences. My First Love and full time job continues to be as an Investigative Reporter for NBC 10 News.
What will happen if you are sick and can’t post?
How are you going to come up with hundreds of new firsts?
Not sure. I’m making this up as I go along.
How do you figure out what you’re going to do?
I take a list of suggestions I collect from everyone and try to plan out at least a week ahead. I do hope some Firsts will just happen spontaneously.
Are you sure you can really do this for a year?
No. But I’m sure I’m going to try.
How crazy was the Polar Bear Plunge and is the guy in the red speedos your husband?
It was so crazy I might do it again next year and the guy in the speedos is not my husband but a great guy who helped pulled me into the water and then pulled me out.
So, that’s it for now. Be back later. Go Find Your First Today!